What We Did
- Conducted nine facility tours and interviewed key management across all functions (e.g., HR, Finance, Plant Operations).
- Reviewed plant financials and evaluated operations, including facility utilization and metrics such as labor, work and material flow.
- Compared strengths and weaknesses of each facility, looking at utilization, demand, technology and business practices.
- Modeled various rationalization options, considering future growth and product synergies.
- Collaborated with our client throughout the project to share ideas and concepts and refine priorities and action plans.
- Identified over $9M that could be saved by relocating a product line and consolidating plant facilities from 9 to 5.
- Recommended another $2M in savings that would be achieved through key improvement initiatives, including overtime and indirect cost reduction, productivity improvement, and data-driven management.
- Provided implementation timelines for recommended synergy initiatives, including resource requirements and respective roles and responsibilities.