What We Did
- Educated senior leaders on the AWS TCO and benefits, including non-financial benefits.
- Reviewed, assessed and optimized existing IT costing and AWS TCO models, normalizing on-prem and AWS spend to enable more accurate and meaningful cost comparisons. Included internal, on-prem, co-location and AWS-specific metrics.
- Designed a holistic, easy-to-use and scalable costing model and TCO model/budgeting tools to assess actual and future spend.
- Created a TCO budgeting, forecasting and analysis tool based on real-world data that will be used for future AWS migration planning.
- Helped senior leadership understand the value of continued migration to AWS.
- Achieved continued support for future AWS migrations.
- Improved integration, working relationships and alignment between FP&A, IT and the cloud business office.
- Drove greater understanding for how to justify future cloud spend.
- Identified optimization savings with the current configuration and recommended additional AWS products including:
- Client-facing apps to drive increased retention and revenue growth
- Reduction in SLA violation costs due to fewer disruption outages
- Increased ability to procure and deploy hardware