After one of their business units acquired another company, our client engaged RGP to assess the acquired manufacturing facilities and identify achievable synergies. We enabled them to reach their financial synergy target by identifying more than $11 million in operational savings, primarily driven by plant closure and product relocation efforts.
What We Did
- Conducted nine facility tours and interviewed key management across all functions (e.g., HR, Finance, Plant Operations).
- Reviewed plant financials and evaluated operations, including facility utilization and metrics such as labor, work and material flow.
- Compared strengths and weaknesses of each facility, looking at utilization, demand, technology and business practices.
- Modeled various rationalization options, considering future growth and product synergies.
- Collaborated with our client throughout the project to share ideas and concepts and refine priorities and action plans.
- Identified over $9M that could be saved by relocating a product line and consolidating plant facilities from 9 to 5.
- Recommended another $2M in savings that would be achieved through key improvement initiatives, including overtime and indirect cost reduction, productivity improvement, and data-driven management.
- Provided implementation timelines for recommended synergy initiatives, including resource requirements and respective roles and responsibilities.