We developed a trusted, collaborative partnership with our insurance industry Client to meet their complex data and analytics challenges. Based on several successful engagements, the CIO called on us to do a strategy health check and build out their cloud analytics platform.
Our Client had outgrown their existing platforms and were looking to expand to the cloud with Amazon Web Services (AWS). They sought RGP’s expertise to optimize their data management and analytics capabilities.
What We Did
- Developed a cloud-native self-service analytics architecture using our reference blueprint with a cloud data lake supporting on-demand analytics workspaces.
- Implemented the platform and key data pipelines, using native cloud technologies, including Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon Redshift and more, as well as traditional tools such as R and Tableau.
- Collaborated with the CISO to ensure data was protected at all times and would meet stringent insurance industry security requirements.
- Established an analytics platform with workspaces that can be spun up in minutes to hours, instead of days or weeks.
- Reduced the time to run analytic workloads from hours to minutes, by building a platform that can expand on demand.
- Enabled our Client to onboard more data sets in the few months since deployment than in the two years prior to the cloud implementation.