To support our client’s long-term enterprise objectives, RGP re-engineered their Project Management Office (PMO) governance process and developed a custom-built digital tool, ensuring a more sustainable approach for project portfolio selection and management.
Our client’s PMO steering committee was eager to gain more visibility of the company-wide project portfolio and its alignment to the enterprise objectives, but they lacked a robust project selection process as well as a standard project management process and tracking tool.
What We Did
- Mapped the existing PMO governance process and recommended improvements based on the project delivery approach of our Project Management Framework.
- Designed and developed a Smartsheet-based project management tool to support our client’s PMO project selection, management and reporting processes, including automation of status reporting.
- Created training assets to conduct company-wide deployment of the new governance process and tool.
- Improved our client’s PMO maturity by establishing an enhanced PMO project management process and governance across the enterprise.
- Delivered a turnkey digital tool for ongoing project management, improving process adherence, approval, tracking and reporting.
- Increased efficiency and collaboration in project selection and management processes by using a highly collaborative, digital solution.
- Significantly improved transparency and visibility of our client’s project portfolio at all levels of their organization.