Prior to an IPO, our client needed to assess internal systems, update their supply chain management, implement and test SOX controls, start reporting as a public company, and move to a public company platform for stock administration and expense reporting.
Based on our extensive experience with ERP implementations in the biopharmaceutical space, RGP guided our client’s pre-IPO preparations, supporting their move to a NetSuite environment that’s purpose-built to scale as they execute on their go-to-market strategies.
What We Did
- Implemented and tested SOX controls prior to the IPO.
- Led ERP system selection, including documenting requirements, shortlisting solutions, coordinating demos and preparing total cost of ownership models.
- Managed equity administration, including daily administration and financial reporting, as well as data cleanup after the move to E*TRADE’s Equity Edge Online platform.
- Reconciled stock-based compensation expense reports and implemented an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP).
- Built the foundation for our client to report as a public company, ensuring they could start trading on Day 1 after the lock-up period expired.
- Enabled our client to operate business-related transactional activities and financial reporting within a modern and robust ERP environment.
- Ensured that the new ERP system integrated with other third-party systems, such as spend management, resulting in improved financial controls, real-time financial reporting and faster close cycles.