RGP Signs Paradigm for Parity Pledge
CEO signs commitment to continue creating leadership opportunities for women in professional services.
Today RGP, a global consulting firm and operating subsidiary of Resources Connection, Inc. (NASDAQ: RECN), has affirmed its commitment to cultivating women in leadership by joining the Paradigm for Parity® coalition. The movement is comprised of companies and business leaders committed to achieving gender parity in corporate leadership by 2030.
“The cause of gender parity is in our DNA as a company. Our founder was determined to create greater opportunity for women in professional services as they struggled to balance career aspirations with the demands of family life,” said CEO Kate Duchene. “Today, RGP continues to be a place where women and working mothers enjoy boundless opportunity – supported by a nearly gender equal Board of Directors! It, therefore, felt very natural for us to join Paradigm for Parity® and sign the pledge, as this is the core of who we are as a firm.”
This pledge is a public commitment to continue developing a talent pool of women ready to succeed in leadership roles. At RGP, 52% of leadership roles for Vice President and above are held by women. In addition to being led by a female CEO, 66% of those in RVP/SVP roles are women. RGP is actively creating a collaborative and inclusive workforce and the Paradigm for Parity® pledge aligns with that vision.
Paradigm for Parity®’s action plan includes:
- Eliminating or minimizing unconscious bias in the workplace;
- Significantly increase the number of women in senior operating roles, with a goal of full gender parity;
- Set measurable goals and hold the entire senior team accountable to gain meaningful progress;
- Basing career progress on business results and performance, rather than physical presence in the office;
- Providing sponsors, not just mentors, to women well positioned for long term success.
Click here to learn more about the Paradigm for Parity® coalition and become a part of the movement.