One of the World’s Largest International Energy Companies
Program Design / Joint Project Management Office (PMO) – Royalty, Licensing and Contract Auditing Initiative
When the U.S. marketing function of a large international energy company launched a royalty, licensing and contract auditing initiative, leadership engaged RGP to help with implementation.
How We Helped
We designed a program to review more than 33,000 documents between the company and wholesale marketers, dealers / resellers and aviation channels of trade. The documents consisted of contracts, site data, the Company’s customer management system, and the general ledger. A Remediation Team then focused on resolving discrepancies through a customized database.
This comprehensive three-phase project included:
- Establishing a joint PMO with the Client for program and project management, with weekly status reporting against metrics and key deliverables.
- Identification, scoping and definition of production metrics and project timeline development.
- Development of a custom database to manage project coordination.
- Design and development of a comprehensive contract review program.
- Definition, design and testing of custom system requirements used to support the program.
- Design and delivery of a comprehensive training program for Client and associate teams.
We completed the project ahead of schedule, resulting in a $450K cost savings compared to a $3.75M budget. Additionally, compliance testing and remediation identified the potential recovery of another $9.5M.