$20 Billion Multinational, Diversified Technology and Manufacturing Leader
Global IT Transformation: Optimize Enterprise-wide & Business Unit-Specific IT Projects to Ensure Success & Increase ROI
Seeking to improve outcomes and increase ROI on a number of enterprise-wide and business unit specific IT projects, a leading manufacturing and technology client engaged RGP to help achieve their goals.
How We Helped
With extensive expertise in both system and point solutions, RGP helped implement the company’s Global Network Redesign (GNR)—a $100+ million, multi-year initiative that included a Telecom Refresh Program (upgrading communication hardware, migrating to VOIP, and renegotiating agreements with their communication vendors). RGP was responsible for overseeing all related financial metrics.
We also helped with:
- Data Center Rationalization (DCR)
- Consolidated 486 data centers to two main sites
- Managed build-out and construction
- Created methodologies to identify content of each server, enabling successful migration to new data center servers
- Created schematics of new environment
- Eliminated redundancies, consolidated servers, standardized information backup and enhanced business continuity plan.
- Validated vendor charges on various hardware invoices
- Ensured IT Effectiveness/PMO Optimization
- Implemented Project Management best practices using PMBOK, ITIL, and Six Sigma methodologies
Providing Project Management and best practices expertise, we helped:
- Eliminate erroneous vendor charges on hardware invoices
- Reduce cost of data center operation
- Develop and implement a consistent approach to project planning
- Document processes and procedures
- Improve project success rate and ROI
- Prioritize IT requests from various divisions